Monday, December 21, 2009

On The Tenth Day of Christmas My True Love Gave to Me...


TEN DASHING HORSES!!
Strong, handsome and steadfast are three words I would use to describe Artemus, my horse design and...my husband! Well, actually, his name is Arthur but we call him Art or mostly "Artie!" :) If he were a cartoon super hero then he would most definitely be called "Artemus."
My husband Art inspired the creation of my horse design. The meaning of the horse is to follow your heart. However, unlike, a thoroughbred running around the track, my husband Art prefers to run long distances on mountain trails. Both are born to run and have amazing will and strong hearts.
Churchhill Downs Horse Bracelet
Sterling silver and 18k gold w/ diamond accents. Made by hand in the United States. Copyright 2009.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]



3 comments:

  1. I went into the Plaid Giraffe two days ago to pick up a last minute gift (and to scope out the ornaments that I want to go back and get the day after Christmas!) and on my way out, I tried on the trilogy bracelet. It is so special and so perfect! I may have called my husband to tell him about my find and guess what......I opened it this morning and I LOVE IT!!!! We rarely spend so much on a gift but I know I will wear it everyday and enjoy the messages that it represents. We transferred to Wichita (reluctantly) from Boston but have grown to find the good things that life here has to offer. I love that you are from here and that the bracelet was made locally. I just read some of your old blog posts and I feel like I know you! Merry Christmas and maybe sometime we will meet if you ever come back to visit the Plaid Giraffe! Patty Duarte...pattyduarte@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty! Welcome to Wichita!! Hope you enjoyed the white Christmas!! Thank you for writing me and I am thrilled that you like the Trilogy bracelet so much! I have to tell you it is thus far my most favorite exclusive bracelet to the Plaid Giraffe. I love the Plaid Giraffe. If I still lived in Wichita, I would probably be in there once a week...if not for the fabulous merchandise the definitely for the great conversation and welcoming group of people that work there!! Being new to Wichita, I hope you find yourself settled in soon. It really is a wonderful town and a lot fun and good people around you! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just re-visited your blog and saw your reply! Thank you! It was fun reading about your journey into jewelry design and I can't wait to hear the rest of the story......I've worn my bracelet everyday and just love it. You are so talented! Thanks for the warm wishes about living in Wichita. We've been here almost 3 years and it definitely feels more and more like home all the time. Patty

    ReplyDelete