Friday, February 26, 2010

A Sister, A Friend




This past week I have had the pleasure of spending some quality time with my sister, Ashley. She flew out to Arizona with her new baby, Henry Louis and husband Lance for the whole week. My parents are out here as well (as they are "snowbirds").


In order to allow my sister Ashley and I run off and have some fun, our mom has been the true Saint this past week. She volunteered to watch all three grandchildren who range in age from 2.5 years to 6 months. WHAT A WOMAN!


Ashley and I are eight years apart, I being the elder. Most of our lives we have been at different crossroads - rarely experiencing life from the same perspective. It made for a very challenging relationship at times and I will take the blame for not being more patient, understanding, sympathetic and compassionate towards my little sister. I could have done a much better job at being a big sister to her. I will always regret that.




Something has changed in our relationship ever since we both had babies - we have something truly in common. We have something we can discuss, confide and deeply understand in one another and that is motherhood. Strangely, our motherhood bond has extended way beyond motherhood and I can plainly say she is not just my sister but she is my dear friend and I am so proud of her and I really like her. I don't just love her because she is my sister, I love her because she is my friend and I think she is the greatest.
Featured: Tuilleries Sterling Silver Blossom Cuff
All designs copyright Saint, Inc. 2010

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. wonderful post..have some sisters of my own and I know exactly what you mean. the bonds of motherhood join us all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great message! Sister's are the best!!

    ReplyDelete