Friday, February 5, 2010

Let's Go Dancing!

highland dance teacherImage by k4dordy via Flickr

When was the last time you went out dancing? It has been a long time for me! I did however, go out with some friends for dinner last night and the topic came up. One of the ladies is an actual dance teacher and she was sharing with us how interesting it was to watch her class evolve from the first day up today. She said the first day all the women seemed to uncomfortably roll their shoulders and giggle. Now, many months later they are all over the room having the time of their lives. She even mentioned that they will not let anything interfere with their dance class. One lady drove back down from Flagstaff just so she could make it to class. It sounds like a ton of fun. I just enjoyed listening to her verbally share the experience. Imagine what I would feel like if I actually went to the class! :)

It did get me thinking. I haven't danced - I mean really DANCED, in many, many years. I used to love to dance. It is such a healthy positive and happy thing to do for your body and your mind. No matter how old, young, male, female - dancing is good for the soul.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment