Friday, October 23, 2009

Oh To Be In Paris

{{deEiffelturm}} {{frLa tour Eiffel}}Image via Wikipedia

My niece Maddie is presently studying abroad at The University of Oxford in England. She is an extremely bright young lady who attends Sarah Lawrence in Bronxville, New York. Maddie left for Oxford approximately three weeks ago. My husband Art and I can't help but wonder how she is doing and what she is doing all the time. Every few nights when Art comes home from work, one of us will say "I wonder how little Maddie is doing" on her overseas experience?

I suppose some of my curiosity is from wishing that I were living her experience. Having spent time abroad during my post college years, I remember what a life altering and a real growing experience it was for me. I spent my time in Paris studying Haute Couture (high end fashion). I still hold the memories of Paris so close to my heart. I loved Paris. I loved all that I learned and mostly I loved the ambition, the belief and the passion I had for what I was pursuing in my life.

I was so young. I was so young. I was young!!!!!

I think one of the things that I enjoy most about being creative and being a jewelry designer, is that it does help keep me "young." There is something about exercising creativity or creative thinking that causes me to feel alive and happy and well... young.

I suppose that until I am able to rendezvous in Paris again, designing jewelry and corresponding with my bright eyed niece on Facebook will just have to do!

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment