Monday, October 19, 2009

A Day In the Mountain

This past weekend, my husband and I took off for a little breather and the two of us headed up to Flagstaff for a relaxing dinner and a nice hike/run to the top of Mt. Humphreys the next morning.

It is amazing what a night away from home can do to rejuvenate your mind and spirit. I have to say when we got into the car Saturday afternoon to drive up, I was tired, stressed and scatter brained! When we drove back down Sunday afternoon I was a new woman! Even when we got stuck in motionless traffic for 1.5 hours (yes, I wrote 1.5 hours stuck in traffic)coming back to Phoenix, I was able to laugh, sing to all the Hall & Oats songs that they were playing on the radio and enjoy the sunset.

It was a last minute getaway, and well worth the effort. I think both Art and I enjoyed spending some time alone and it brought back a lot of memories of what our life was like B.C. (before children). It was kind of surreal to be able to do something by yourself for such a long period of time. I kept double checking myself because I kept feeling like I was forgetting something.... I was, my children! Yikes!

We had beautiful Fall weather and relished in watching the sparkling Aspen trees let go of their yellow leaves. The day on the mountain was a wonderful time for both of us to clear our heads and work our legs and heart rates!!

The weekend was complete when we opened the door and were welcomed home by our two little smiling tots, faces covered with mac and cheese and milk mustache lips.

Home Sweet Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment