Friday, March 26, 2010

My Life Is A Musical

















I am standing in the kitchen making my kids their predictable mac and cheese entree and I start singing our happy "mac and cheese" song to myself. They aren't even in the room! "Mac and Cheese. Mac mac and cheese. It's mac and cheese!"

My son Jack asks my husband for a piece of banana and before you know it we are all singing "Peace banana. Peace banana. Peace banana. Peace!" We have turned his request into a jingle, as well as a political campaign movement. We have designed a peace sign made out of bananas...all from him wanting a bite of a banana. Everyone wants world peace - right? :)
We sing "die-d-dooh, die-d-dooh. Changa, changa, changa, changa die-d-dooh (Clap! Clap!)"

Then there is "Jackie Joe. Jack, Jack-ie Joe. He's Jackie Joe! Jackie Joe. Jack, Jack-ie Joe. He's Jackie Joe! Jackie Joe. Jack, Jack-ie Joe. He's Jackie Cooooool!" Sadly, Jack's name is not Jackie Joe, but Jack Michael. Jackie Joe just sounds better for the song.

These songs and many more are what lift the moments of tension, tiredness and stress. If we turn our situation into lyrics then we can some how block out the negative and lift everyones spirits. It seems to work in our family.

Imagine if we operated like that in the real world? Having a bad day at the office? Well, let's sing about it! Political issues? Perhaps we should sing our way through it! Can you imagine that? Mad at a family member? Call them up and sing them your feelings! :)
Maybe there is more to music than I realized.













No comments:

Post a Comment