Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Love'n "That Time of Year!"

Well "that time of year" started about a month ago. I don't know about you, but I have been busy, busy, busy getting in the holiday spirit with my family. I am feeling rather proud of myself this time around as I feel as though I am really getting into the swing of the whole holiday thing. Art and I have been married for seven years and every year I seem to take it a step further when it comes to doing all those things that make family holidays special and memorable. It is a lot harder than I even imagined. Kids seem to make the biggest difference. They make it very rewarding for me. Before we had kids I don't even think we had a tree for the first few years. I was traveling all the time and tired and Art was well - " a dude." Times sure have changed - and so have I. When we had our kids I really wanted to readjust my thinking and dive into making our holidays become more "alive." It is such a great way to bring families together. Seize the moment! I have memories of my mom making great holiday meals, and the house always felt like Thanksgiving and Christmas. I really appreciated and enjoyed it - now that I am doing it I have an even greater appreciation. Oh my gosh....lots of work! In any regard, having that experience makes me want to share it with my family and have them enjoy these times of year - make it special for them and for Art and I. My hope is that we will all look back and cherish these times. It is supposed to be fun!! I'm gonna have some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment