Monday, June 14, 2010

Finger Painting 101

Trying to expand my childrens artistic experiences, I decided to invest in some finger paints for a fun and cool summer project for my kiddos. I have held off on finger painting for a pretty long time, thinking "they can do that in school some day." Then I start to feel guilty - that I needed to get over my strong tendencies to keep things clean and focus on what would be a great experience for them. Big mistake! :)

We really did have a blast w/ the paints but the aftermath is three times the amount of time of the painting . Post painting, not knowing where to begin, I calmly guided both cuties out to the backyard and let the water hose rip! Sprinkler time! I have always joked about having to take a hose to the high chair...well, today I actually stepped out of the way and let Lily and Jack wash the high chair.

I think next time we will do our painting on the picnic table, outside, naked! Yes, there will be a next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment