Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Dad

The dad who gave me my first push when my training wheels came off my bike

The dad who came home from work late, and after dinner headed down to the basement to study late into the night

The dad who leads by example: integrity, morals and hard work

The dad whom I know without a doubt I can still call at 3am without any hesitation

The dad who told me that I should marry for love - that I can never go wrong

The dad who used to take me fishing on summer evenings

The dad who can listen when I really need him to just listen

The dad who made it possible for me to take gymnastics, go to college, create a business

The dad who so gracefully knows when to butt out and when to butt in

The dad who taught me how to drive at a very young age on the old back, dirt roads after church

The dad who is always ready to go out to dinner

The dad I know I can always count on for a good, long walk

The dad who I look at today and know is so proud to be a grandfather

The dad I am so blessed to have and to always love

No comments:

Post a Comment