Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Fairy Godmother


Yesterday I took my 3 year old daughter Lily to meet "The Fairy Godmother" for story time at the Library. She was doing a "special" on Fancy Nancy. Lily is enamoured with Fancy Nancy books and clothes etc. Everyday is dress up.


Surprisingly, when story time began and the fairy godmother began to speak - Lily got very scared. She turned to the back of the room and looked at me in horror and said "Mommy, I am very nervous. Mommy, I am scared. Mommy, I want to go home!"


Greeeaaaaat....


She ended up joining myself and her little bother on my lap in the back of the room. Then out of no where her hand jolted to the cieling when the fairy godmother asked for a volunteer.


Okaaaaay.....


She was chosen to assist in a little magic trick with the fairy godmother - after that I couldn't get her to sit down for anything.


Interesting.....


By the time we left, she and the fairy godmother were best pals and Lily just couldn't quit staring at her. She followed her all the way to the library entrance and even watched her get paid!
One of the greatest joys of parenting has been to relive some of my memories of my youth through my children. Oh, to believe in fairy godmothers and Santa and the Easter Bunny and even trolls under bridges again!

No comments:

Post a Comment