Friday, May 7, 2010

Dear Mom: A Mother's Day Diary, Part II



Dear Mom,



You made me. You nurtured me. I can't imagine what life would be like without you. Innately, you're motherly love is the first thing my heart reaches for when I am in need of care or help or empathy. Instinctively, you are the one that comes to mind when I have questions that I do not know the answers. I always think "Mom will know what is the best thing to do."





Though many times I have resisted your guidence, my heart and soul seem to whisper in the background of my conscience "listen to your mother - she is the one person that you know will always want what is best for you."





Now I am a mother to my own children and I am so sorry for all the worry, frustration and concern that I must have caused you to face year after year and issue after issue in my developing years. I roll my eyes when you sarcastically remind me "now it's your turn!" You tell me this as if you find great joy in knowing that I get to experience all the challenges of motherhood. The revenge is sweet for both of us, I suppose.





Here I am forty years old and I find myself making a conscience effort to be more independent of you and trying not to come to you with all my questions and conflicts. Meanwhile, here you are in your sixties and I see you letting go of me more and more each year - allowing me to form my own family dynamic, my own lifestyle....just looking on from a distance while you and dad enjoy the fruits of your years of labor.





My hope is that you are proud of who you nurtured me to be. I am so proud of you and the woman you are today. I want you to know that you are held in my heart and a part of my soul and definitely my conscience! Always.





Love,





Sarah Jane

Featured: Keegan Bracelet

All designs copyright Saint, Inc. 2010




Reblog this post [with Zemanta]


No comments:

Post a Comment