Thursday, January 21, 2010

Weather Forecast: Massive Rain Followed By An Old Friend!

Like many parts of the country, we are getting hit with some 'extreme weather' today. In our case it is massive rain, high wind gusts (that would put my home town of Wichita, KS to shame) and even a tornado warning.

When the weather is this dramatic, and the type of drama is unpredictable, you aren't sure how your day is going to play out.

I am very happy to report that today was a really good day. Why? Well, I met a long, lost friend today for lunch at a new restaurant called "The Parlor." I hadn't seen her for about six years. How did we reconnect? Well, of course, on Facebook! :)

Catching up with her was just what the doctor ordered. She was the same lovely friend that I remembered. It was so nice to visit with someone that took as much of an interest in my experiences as I did hers. I genuinely enjoyed our conversation.

We were never really super close friends but we always liked each other and seemed to have a good time together - Light, easy, fun. Makes me wonder why and how we lost touch. We laughed about how different our lives were at that time - meaning; she having two tottlers and I a road warrior, traveling the country six months out of the year promoting my collection.

Now her girls have stabilized and are in school full time and I am the mom with the two tots! I told her today "I had NO CLUE what you were dealing with! You were amazing!" I joked about how she was wrestling her two darlings while I was contemplating designer shoes and lipstick colors! Gee, no wonder we lost touch!

Even though we planned our lunch date before we knew the weather forecast, I would like to think that all the rain brought in a renewed friendship for the both of us.


PS The Parlor was great! It was my first time to try it and I will definitely go back. Delicious and nice design.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment