Friday, January 29, 2010

There is Something About a Man Who Wears Cowboy Boots


I don't know what it is - but "it is!" There is something about a man who wears cowboy boots that I find totally appealing. Is it that rugged, old, wild west thing? Or maybe it conveys someone that isn't afraid to work hard and get a little dirty in the process. WHO KNOWS?!


I love my cowboy boots. I only have two pair. I say only, because that might not seem very impressive to real collectors. I have two pair of Lucchese boots. One pair is very special for me, as my dad bought them for me while I was a sophomore in high school - THAT WAS TWENTY TWO (22) YEARS AGO. I am still wearing them - ALL THE TIME. He told me when he bought me those boots that they were very nice and if I took good care of them I would have them forever. Well, I guess I took good care of them! This past Christmas I wore my boots back home. One morning while staying at my parents, my dad looked down at my boots and asked "are those the Lucchese's we got you years ago?" I laughed and said "yes!" He was mighty impressed that I had held onto them and was still prancing around in them.


I have been gently begging my husband Art to invest in a pair of boots. I just think he would look so good in them. I think he would really have fun wearing them too. They are such an easy and relaxed style which is totally the way he likes to dress. I haven't made much progress on the husband front. I am not giving up!!


In the meantime, I put my energy on the other man in my life, "Little, Big Jack." I bought him is first pair of cowboy boots for Christmas. Talk about the cutest thing ever. When I first shoved them over his chunker cheese calves and he stood up - he wobbled and cried and fell. Then we tried again a few more times and he was off and running. Now they are his favorite accessory. His round chunker cheeks turn bright red and his eyes glitter when I pull out his boots.

It melts my heart every time.


I am telling you...there is something about a man who wears cowboy boots.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment