Friday, September 4, 2009

Thursdays...

Cactuses Prague botan gardenImage via Wikipedia

Well, it is 3:50am and I am wide awake. I just can't seem to sleep tonight - probably too much caffeine.

Thursday afternoons are my "free day" in which I have a sitter and get to spend FIVE WHOLE HOURS ALONE. The afternoon usually includes hitting Starbucks for that bonus cup of coffee (and a biscotti)that my body can't handle. Why do I keep doing that? Oh...I remember...because it is so delicious and I love flying around with all that extra energy!!

I treasure my Thursdays. I spend Monday thru Wednesday PLANNING how I should spend my Thursday afternoon. I never seem to have enough time in that five hours to do all the things I want to do.

Besides getting my Starbucks treat, one of my most favorite things to do is to make the rounds at all the local antique troves to see if there is anything new or of interest. I mainly focus on home and garden items but I seem to routinely stumble across items that inspire ideas for my work - knowing this also helps me to justify how I spent my afternoon - ha!

I love to visit a variety of nurseries around town. I seem to be cultivating a very strong interest in desert plant live and I really enjoy looking at the array of cacti and succulents. On more than one occasion I have found myself spending over an hour at a single nursery just looking at all the plants, flowers, pottery, fountains and talking to staff.

I also enjoy bumming around in a craft store like Michael's or JoAnne's and just looking at all the fun "stuff" that you can do. I seem to never walk out empty handed! :)

Oh- and Home Depot too - I love wandering Home Depot! Is that normal?

Basically, I try to do things that would be challenging to do with two babies! I try to pick activities that relax my mind, rejuvenate my creativity and mosty, help me tune out for awhile. Some Thursdays, I will make time for a hike, but that hasn't happeded lately because it is still ridiculously HOT here!

Well, I think I might be able to fall asleep now - we shaaallll seeeee.

Nighty, Night!







Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. I never knew just how important Thursdays were/are to you!

    ;)

    Art

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are more important than words can describe!!

    ReplyDelete