Monday, September 28, 2009

A Culinary Passion

SAN FRANCISCO - APRIL 08:  A culinary student ...Image by Getty Images via Daylife

My Aunt Sharon is a truly amaaaazing cook. It is always a delight to be invited to her and our Uncle Mel's house for a family meal. We start starving ourselves days before so we can seriously indulge in her culinary talents. I am not kidding. She slaves in the kitchen to prepare meals that are truly fabulous (she loves it and it shows with each bite we take). When I first ate a meal at her home, Art and I were still dating and I had no idea what I was in for. We sat down at the dining room table on a regular weekend afternoon and not only was the table setting astonishingly beautiful and creative - but so was the menu! YES - she prepared a menu of what she was going to serve for each place setting on a handsome card stock. I was really taken off guard. It was such a delight to have such thought and care put into a meal and not on a special occasion. It turns out that she does this EVERY TIME she has guests over. I am telling you WE LOVE TO EAT AT HER HOUSE!! :)

Every time we get together I love how she shares with me little tidbits about the various dishes she has prepared and where she got a certain special spice or things like using agave nectar instead of refined sugar. She truly is brilliant in the kitchen and a lot of fun! I highly respect her creative passion for the entire dining process and that she shows her love for us and her friends through her hours in the kitchen preparing meals that send us into week long comas.

I have been steadily collecting the "easier" recipes of things that she has prepared for us so that I may attempt to feed my family in such an enjoyable manner. I will post some of these lighter fares with you all in future blogs so that you may enjoy them with your family and friends.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment