Thursday, July 23, 2009

Recently Enlightened!

We don't get very many dragonflies where we live. So I was taken aback a month ago when I looked out the window and saw a gorgeous red dragonfly briefly resting on an agave next to my window. In fact, it was the first time that I had EVER seen a red dragonfly in person. I lost my breath for a second, hoping that I didn't do anything to distract it from staying still.

It seemed to be eating lunch the same time that I was. It was doing loops around our swimming pool... whizzz... whizzz... whizzz... and then back to its spot on the agave.

The next day at the same time the red dragonfly reappearted resting on the same agave while I was eating my lunch. It had to be the same dragonfly - right? I had no way of telling. I sat there delighted to have such a lovely and elegant guest over for lunch.

Naturally, because of its reappearance, I took it as a sign of 'enlightenment.' Sitting there with my two babies, I knew that I was exactly where I was supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment