Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Staying Young


Everyone always says that your children keep you young. I agree! Young and tired! Ha! Ha! There are other things that I think keep you young too and one of the biggest is girlfriends. I love all my girlfriends. I wouldn't say that I have very many, but the ones that I have always make me feel young.


I never really thought about that aspect of friendships until today.


Tomorrow a dear friend of mine is flying to Phoenix for our second annual "girls weekend." Wooooooh!! Hoooooh!


After I had my little Lily and she had her twin girls we agreed that a yearly "escape" is a mandatory part of the job description.


What do we do? We go bull riding, race car driving and bungee jumping. :) Kidding.


It probably sounds very boring but in between hours and hours of talking and disecting every aspect of one anothers lives we eat lots of salads, drink plenty of wine, power walk, get a massage, catch a few movies, go on a mini road trip somewhere...ANYWHERE, shop some, and just totally veg out. Basically it is an exercise in what your life was like when you were dating your husband (ha! ha!).


By the time the weekend is over we are reasonably detoxified and ready to hit it!


A good friend makes you feel good. When you feel good you feel young and when you feel young you are more energetic, positive and happy.


So I am thinking to myself that the reason I am feeling so yound and happy lately is because I have my children, my husband, my girlfriends and of course Zumba! Life is good!
Featured Item: Betula Large Leather Butterfly Necklace (Betuala Butterfly is a reminder to keep a young heart, mind and spirit). To learn more about this piece please click on the photo image.


No comments:

Post a Comment