Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Never Say Never! Zumba Anyone?

The last six months or so I have been at a crossroads in my "fitness" program.

I am tired of the treadmill, soooo tired of damaged hair from lap swimming, and not so "excited" about yoga. The thought of hiking when our summer heat reaches highs as high as 117 - no thanks!

Zumba! Yep! Zumba! I crawled to the gym a few weeks ago for my weekly routine and while I was power walking away on the treadmill, I watched (as I always do) all the people in the fitness classes.

Gosh...they look like they are having a really good time. They are really sweating. Why is the line going around the corner to get into that class??

There I was the following week - in my first Zumba class. Nervous, shy and thinking to myself that the last time I had taked a class at the gym was in the early 90's. This could be ugly.

The room was packed, I mean PACKED with gabby women of all ages, ethnicities, shapes and sizes (and a handful of men too).

Everyone was anxious, social and pumped up!

In walked a fire ball of energy that clearly doesn't know how to NOT smile. He said "Hi! I am Teddy! I am your instructor!"

The music started and I was hooked!! WHAT A BLAST! I haven't had this much fun exercising since I was a teenage girl! That is probably why it is so much fun because it makes me feel like a teenage girl again.

I get as excited for my Zumba class like I got excited to go out on Friday night when I was a teen. It is the strangest thing!

Everybody Zumba!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment