Monday, November 23, 2009

Ancho Chili Dip

This is a deliciously festive dip from my awesome Aunt Sharon. It is great if you are looking for something new to serve at your holiday party. I think she pulled it from Gourmet. I couldn't find the ancho chiles, so I just bought the dried powder in the spice section of the grocery. I also made it low fat and it was just as good to me!

Hope you like it!

Makes 2 Cups

2 ancho chilis (I used 1tsp of the dry ancho chili powder)
1 cup sour cream (I used light sour cream)
1/4 cup white or red wine vinegar
1/4 flavorless cooking oil (I used grapeseed oil)
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
1tablespoon finely minced ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin

Place the chiles in a small bowl and cover w/ boiling water. Let sit for 20 minutes, then drain. Stem and remove the seeds. Mince the chiles in a food processor. Add all of the remaining ingredients and process until smooth. The dip will keep for up to 5 days in the refridgerator.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment