Saturday, June 27, 2009

Red Lights

I have a silly question: Do you ever sit at a red light while you are driving and stare at the jewelry on your hands? Well, I do! I feel funny writing this - but I find myself doing it more often than not.

It calms me...

When I am tired or burnt out from the day, month or year (ha! ha!) and I am running errands around town - I find myself sitting at red lights completely zoned into a turtle bracelet full of candy colors or the chunky aquamarine ring on my middle finger. I notice that I find myself doing this more so when I am wearing colored stones verses all metal pieces. There must be something soothing or some kind of "chemical thing" for the mind when it stares at colors. At least with my mind! :)

One of the things I love about wearing my jewelry is the meanings come back to me aaalllll the time! Just like when I am sitting at a red light and find myself staring into that turtle bracelet - then I remember what the little turtle is all about (slow down and enjoy life). That usually causes me to sigh, which is a form of deep breathing - right? Which is like yoga - right? So then I laugh to myself because that bracelet has helped me gather some well needed oxygen into my lungs which is really good for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment