Friday, June 26, 2009

The Real Housewives of New Jersey

Dina Manzo on "The Real Housewives of New Jersey " (Bravo Channel) was wearing our 18k gold and diamond "Grandma Lola" Ladybug Bracelet.

It turns out that Dina, a lovely lady on the show "The Real Housewives of New Jersey" started a charity called "Project Ladybug." The Foundation uses all proceeds to help children with terminally ill diseases. I was so excited to see her wearing our ladybug bracelet for multiple reasons:

1) Dina is a darling lady doing a great thing!

2) I love that bracelet! I have it too!

3) Ladybugs are soooo cute!

All silliness aside, the most important reason being that Saint donated to the Project Ladybug many years ago when if first got started. I will never forget, we had a customer at the Neiman Marcus Short Hills, New Jersey store who had a friend whose daughter was very ill. The little girl wore out tiny ladybug necklace to all her appointments. Knowing that my little ladybug necklace was this innocent child's prayer bead through something so scary made me feel so honored and at the same time helpless - I wished that I could do more. Her mother contacted us directly and it was from there that we donated to Project Ladybug Foundation (based in New Jersey). The association of this child and the foundation has always stayed with me.

I am so happy to see that the foundation is doing well and is successful. Dina - if this blog comes your way...you are awesome!!

Visit ProjectLadybug to find out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment