Monday, October 11, 2010

THEY ALWAYS GETCHA WHEN YOUR GAURD IS DOWN!

I had just finished giving both my kids a big Saturday night bubble bath, chased them all around the bedroom to brush their teeth and hair and finally wrestled my two year old son to the floor so I could put his diaper. Mission accomplished! I sent them off to the kitchen to hang out with their dad so that I might have a good ten minutes of my own to clean up and zone out!

After I was all clean and cozy in my pj's I walked half awake out of our bedroom and into the kitchen when.....

PAIN!! PAIN!! LOUD SCREAM!! MORE PAIN!!! VERY LOUD SCREAM! OH MY GOODNESS MORE PAIN!! EVEN LOUDER SCREAM! I AM DYING PAIN!! LOUDEST SCREAM EVER!!

I STEPPED RIGHT ON TOP OF A SCORPION IN THE DARK.

Horrific pain was shooting into my foot and up my calf. It was pulsing and burning like I had been injected with boiling acid and it was going straight into my veins.

It took thirteen years of living in the desert to finally get initiated into the scorpion club.

I spent the rest of the evening on the couch and in bed with a burning leg that would convulse every five minutes. Luckily the pain was gone by morning and only light tingles remained the following day.

From what I understand, my bite wasn't that bad...if that was a "light bite" then I cannot imagine anymore!

Of course, all the talk around our home is about scorpions, and everyone is on the lookout. I am just so thankful it was me and not my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment